Software Engineering Guidelines
Software Engineering as it relates to backend web development.
Cache the dependencies in the application.
On Naming Things
- Prefer full words over acronyms.
- Prefer verbosity when the audience is a human and not a machine.
- Avoid shortening or abbreviating a word and combining it with an acronym.
- Prefer snake case over camel case unless camel case is idiomatic or conventional.
- Adjust the specificity and complexity of the language depending on where it appears.
Provide quantitative evidence supporting a change. Using a benchmarking tool as a before/after change is one way.