Bill Heyman from Code Morphic led a discussion on some topics from WWDC 2009 and iPhone 3.0 SDK features.
- CoreLocation adds compass data.
- OpenGL ES 2.0. Takes advantage of new GPU in iPhone 3G S hardware.
- Grand Central Dispatch available in Snow Leopard.
- Clang and LLVM briefly. Clang will be part of Xcode.
- “External accessory” third party hardware devices connected through the dock connector. “made for ipod” program.
- Augmented Reality briefly. Related book: Augmented Reality: A Practical Guide
- CoreData now available on the iPhone
- GameKit briefly. Networking and communication capabilities for any app, typically games.
- Push notification and in-app purchases briefly.
I hope to attend more CocoaHeads meetings in Minneapolis in the future.