Andy is a Senior Software Engineer with Groupon, working remotely, living in Minneapolis, MN. Previously he worked at OrderUp (acquired by Groupon), LivingSocial (before they were acquired by Groupon), and various startups. In his career he has been a full-stack engineer but mostly back-end.
Some engineering acronyms he likes are KISS, YAGNI, SOLID, and TDD. Outside of technology and spending time with his wife and 2 year old daughter, he follows the Timberwolves NBA team and enjoys running.
Recommendations are available on LinkedIn.
Andy gave a talk in Buenos Aires, Argentina about how his team applied Lean Startup principles to their work at LivingSocial. Blog post.
En marzo del 2013 empecé a trabajar con el equipo de LetsBonus en Barcelona, España. LetsBonus es una filial de LivingSocial.
Volunteering as a programmer
Andy was part of a team for the Overnight Website Challenge event, and has acted as a photographer and mentor for Rails Girls events.
He became a contributing editor for the This Week in Rails newsletter in 2015 (Blog post).
- Delayed Job Web gem - Gem maintainer. Web interface to delayed job (Ruby-based background processing).
- Core NLP gem - Gem author. Extracted at Lengio. Light Ruby interface to Stanford's Java-based CoreNLP tool.
- Promo Slide - jQuery plugin author. Web page marketing component. Written in Coffeescript.
- Ruby on Rails - Committed a couple of small improvements
- rails/globalid - Added unit tests
- Dev Dump - Dump and load DB table data with encryption, extracted Ruby gem
github — linkedin — email